Saturday, September 7, 2013

How Far Would The Fukushima Nuclear Plant Be From These Cities?

Hello, readers!

After my move to my new city and job and getting settled, I've been working on a September motifs post and hope to get it up soon (and then backtrack to August).

In the meanwhile, congratulations to Tokyo for winning the 2020 Olympics!

Given the attention that will be turning to Japan because of this, I thought I'd give some perspective regarding the distance between the Fukushima disaster site and Tokyo by showing the same distance starting from other cities around the world: New York, Chicago, London, Canberra, Amsterdam, and Johannesburg.

I'm not wading into the controversy surrounding the TEPCO plant with my opinion on the situation: I just wanted to give a clearer idea of the distance involved.







No comments: