Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Post of the Year... and well, ever!

Hi! My name's Christina, and this is my blog.

Ever since I was a kid, I've enjoyed learning new things and sharing them with others. My goal for this blog is to share what I know, what I learn and what I enjoy about traditional Japanese culture.

Having lived in Japan for nearly five years before returning to Texas, I've been through both the ups and downs of life there and certainly don't think the country is perfect. But there are a lot of interesting, unique and beautiful things to be found in traditional Japan, and those are the ones you'll see here.

This isn't going to be a scholarly blog, and you'll see things like mini-posts about kimono dealer updates (for my fellow kimono addicts), my ruminations on how many people I would kill for a local kaitzen-zushi restaurant, and other "light" topics. I have fun with all of this, and hope you will too. :)

Thanks for reading and see you around!

No comments: