Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

My dear friend Courtney did a shoot with me in a yukata, and as we used sparklers I thought it'd make a good post for today. :) Happy 4th to my fellow Americans!





For the outfit itself, I was tempted to experiment after reading Okimono Kimono, so I dressed things up with an obi-age scarf, obi-jime cord, and impromptu obi-dome (obi-jime ornament), wearing them according to some vintage kitsuke tips I recently translated (tall people are helped by a wide ohashori fold below the obi, the obi-age is tucked in more, the obi-jime is worn lower). I purposefully chose an obi-jime almost the same color as the obi to make the obi-dome stand out, but I'm not sure if I like the end result or not.

It was fun, and a big big thank you to Courtney! You can see more of her work here.

All photos copyright Courtney Brown and used with permission.

No comments: