Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yukata Kimono Market Sakura - New Washable Komon, "Plus Size" Yukata

While wandering around the Net, I ran across Yukata Kimono Market Sakura.

I couldn't find any reviews for them (let me know if you've had any experience with them), but for those of you who would rather than buy new than vintage they do have some fun, washable komon available (As they group vintage in a separate category, I'm assuming they're new). I'm partial to the rose and fleur vertical stripe one, in both the black and lavender versions. :)

As I've mentioned in previous posts, in recent years synthetic kimono have become popular as a cheap way to wear kimono, and a more practical one, as they can be washed while traditional silk ones can't be. Due to their mass production and like yukata, it is possible to see 10 of the exact same thing, something you don't normally see with silk kimono. You can also wear them with the simple hanhaba obi (the nicer ones), another reason they're great for casual wear or beginners.

They also offer "plus sized" yukata, but that can be a relative term: be sure to take your measurements carefully before ordering.

No comments: