Sunday, April 18, 2010

KanjiPop iPhone App

In the last few days I've been playing around with various apps on my new iPhone, which has been heaven for a languages geek like me! I can now read 14 words in Korean and understand some basic French. :)

A neat little Japanese language app I've found is KanjiPop by Lima Sky, at a cost of $1.99. It's a fun way to review kanji in a timed puzzle format. You have a board of kanji and you try to click the right one as hints appear. Ones you get right disappear until you complete the board and move up or the timer runs out and you lose. You can set the hints to English or just the pronunciation/readings or both. A fun way to review for just about anyone, minus people who are absolutely new to kanji and might become frustrated by it. The timer waits for no student!

No comments: